Since the doctor forewarned us that his numbers would probably drop quickly and severely we have not sent him to school. Especially since there have been so many reports of illness going around. But Jordon has found ways to make the most of his time. He is keeping very active at home!
Jordon had his usual Thursday blood draw yesterday. When the results came in the nurse from the Children's clinic contacted me and the first thing she said was, "his numbers look GREAT!" She then said, "when they gave me Jordon's results, I questioned them and asked if they were sure these were Jordon's". She was absolutely amazed! His hemoglobin was the highest it has been since being diagnosed! Normal range is 11-14 and Jordon's was 10! Usually he runs about 8-9. Before leaving the hospital on Tuesday they also told us that if Jordon didn't return with a fever then we should expect to be back for a blood or platelet transfusion by the end of the week. Well, normal platelets are 150-400 and Jordon's were 250! So far so good! Thank you for those prayers! Please continue to pray for no fever!
Other people are so much better at expressing words than I am, and I would like to share with you a couple of songs that have blessed me and express the words I feel. I have to know that this is NOT the worst thing a parent can experience, although at times I struggle with balance and worry-we have salvation, we have Christ! Praise the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment